Production Research Scientist - HR7385861X Nagyigmánd (Magyarország)
We are seeking a motivated English speaking
Production Research Scientist.
This position is located in Nagyigmánd.
This role is responsible for leading the planning and execution a scientifically solid program to address local seed production challenges and champion projects with a focus on improving yields, seed quality and production reliability, while reducing manufacturing costs. He/she will partner with the Peers in other countries to plan and execute high quality Parent test and research trials in region of inference. The scientist will be responsible to assist in the development of protocols and specific research trial topics. He/she is in charge of collecting and analyzing data, prepares experiment reports, and guarantees full knowledge transfer to the key stakeholders. The scientist deliverables include providing technical information of inbreds to support pipeline advancement process, delivering planting instructions on time and driving adoption of new technologies & practices that will lead to improved yields, seed quality and reliability
• Lead specific production research trial topics, in alignment with global production research efforts and regional manufacturing objectives.
• Plan, organize and execute production research and parent test trials, data collection including QA/QC process and timely reporting of data in accordance with agreed procedures and protocols.
• Maintain connectivity with relevant scientists and production regions to validate and implement new technologies under local conditions to improve seed quality, yield and cost.
• Support local production teams to address production challenges, execution of initiatives and implementation of recommendations.
• Coordinate and meet with local production and QA teams to meet their requirements.
• Build effective relationships and partnerships with internal customers including pre-foundation, foundation, production, breeding and commercial teams in EME region to ensure collaboration and leveraging of Monsanto’s global capabilities.
• Must be able to travel and support the needs in the EME region.
• Follow up of ESH/HSE rules, deliver the job and daily activities of work as in line with of 5S, ISO 9001 and ESTA requirements.
• Understand the objectives of the area and maintain the expected improvement and follow-up to achieve these objectives.
• Report the risks and opportunities that detected during working.
• Avoid making unplanned changes in process or way of working, report change needs and impacts of changes done by management.
• Report all non-conformities that could have impact on customer satisfaction or process efficiency and correct them herself/himself if possible.
• Maintain the all process and product checks on time, in full with the rights direction and record the results.
• PhD with 0-2 years or BS/MS with 3+ years’ experience in Agronomy or related field.
• Hands-on experience in design and execution of field trial.
• Knowledge of seed production or related crop production experience will be beneficial.
• Experience in working in a team-based environment.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good decision making and judgment skills. Results orientation.
• Good statistical skills.
• Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing expertise appreciated.
If you think this is an interesting and challenging position, please register yourself and upload your English CV here.